Our advanced obedience program will take your dog to the next level! These 15 sessions will emphasize further socialization and handler control of your dog, off leash. It is designed for those who have completed our Basic Obedience program and can demonstrate a strong understanding of the commands learned in that program. This program works towards successfully completing and passing the AKC Community Canine Test (CGCA). During this class you will learn:
- Heel command walking on your side with no leash
- Sit command sitting with no leash for a short period of time
- Sit stay command to remain on sit position with no leash and not moving until released by handler
- Down command teaching your dog to go down off leash for a short period of time
- Down stay teaching your dog to stay down off the leash until released by handler
- Come command teaching your dog to come short or long distance with no leash
- Place command teaching your dog to go to a mat, rug or designated area off leash
K Nine Solutions will also address any minor behavioral problems such as; jumping up, mouthing, nipping, counter-surfing, excessive barking or whining, or any other minor behavioral issue you may be experiencing. Our unique approach to dog training is geared more towards addressing the fundamental state of mind rather than strictly focusing on creating rehearsed behaviors. In other words, we are much more concerned with creating a happy, healthy, balanced dog, than creating a dog that simply knows a few obedience commands.
Upon completion of this program you will be eligible to take the American Kennel Club – Community Canine Canine Test (CGCA). All dogs who pass the ten step CGCA test will receive a certificate and title from American Kennel Club.